Сorrect and fast defrost of the refrigerator
Everybody, without exception, has to defrost the refrigerator, but only a part of people do it right. As a result, there may be unforeseen failures, which should not be. That is, people themselves create problems for themselves and technology. From this article you will learn how to properly defreeze the refrigeration unit, without fear of its damage. We hope you will also be interested to learn how you can safely speed up the thawing process several times.
Why is the snow coat growing inside the fridge?
The frequency of defrosting the refrigerator depends on the degree of growth of the snow coat and ice on the internal surfaces of the unit. Someone has to defrost 5 times a year, and someone is enough and 1 time. You can significantly reduce the number of defrosts, if you understand what is causing this increase. The degree of growth of ice and snow depends on such factors:
- Air from the room penetrates the inside of the fridge or freezer. This happens due to a loose fit of the door or in case of damage to the rubber door seal. You should check the door and eliminate the defect.
- The fridge opens too often, and the door keeps open for a long time.
- Active evaporation of liquids occurs inside the refrigerator. If some products are in unsealed packages, then they gradually give up their moisture to the refrigerator. The same applies to open pots or cans. They should be closed as tightly as possible.
Proper defrosting, defrosting the refrigerator is recommended in the following order:
1. The refrigerator is disconnected from the network. If it is possible to defrost the refrigerating and freezing chambers separately, you can use this, if necessary.
2. If automatic defrost is provided, the unit is not disconnected from the network, but the automatic defrosting button is activated.
3. All products are removed from the refrigerator and freezer.
4. The door of the refrigerator must be locked in the open position.
5. Usually there is a tray under the fridge into which the moisture flows. You should make sure it is available so that water does not spill onto the floor. If possible, it is also advisable to place trays on the shelves of the refrigerator to collect water or lay dry rags.
6. The water drain channel is cleaned with a special plastic stick.
7. Now you need to wait until all the snow or ice melts.
8. The refrigerator is cleaned and cleaned from the inside. To do this, it is better to use baking soda, which is safe for any type of surface. Special attention is paid to cleanliness of sealing rubber.
9. After bathing, all surfaces are wiped dry. After that, the refrigerator is left for an hour with the door open. This is necessary for the evaporation of moisture from those places that could not be reached due to their inaccessibility.
10. Products are loaded inside the refrigerator, after which the unit is switched on to the network.
Acceleration of the thawing process
A warning! To accelerate the defrosting can not use metal or any solid objects in order to avoid damage to the inside of the refrigerator. There is a great risk not only to pierce the wall of the evaporator, but also to tear off the frozen tube with freon, and then you have to invite specialists in repair of refrigerators in Kiev .
You can speed up the thawing process in two completely safe ways:
On the shelves of the refrigerator set bowls of hot water. They help ice and snow to melt faster. As the water cools in the bowls, a new hot portion is poured into them. This method is used only if the refrigerator is disconnected from the network. If the automatic defrost function is used, hot water is not used.
You can apply an ordinary household hair dryer. A jet of hot air is sent to the accumulation of ice, helping it to melt. Air cannot be directed to the rubber seals, as they dry out and lose elasticity.
Guided by these tips, you can safely and quickly defrost the refrigerator without causing him harm. Also listed tips will help you to less frequently perform defrosting operations.